Now that you have landed a job there are a few things you need to do in order to keep the job. They include:
- Showing up to work on time
- If you know you are going to be late call
- If you are not able to come to work because you are sick or have an emergency, call. People are counting on you
- Have a positive attitude, Don’t talk bad about co-workers or the boss
- Get along with your co-workers
- Wear appropriate and clean clothing. Dressing for success makes you a successful worker
- Complete tasks accurately and well. Don’t complain even if it is a task you do not like. Work 100%
- Be honest. Don’t steal or lie
- Don’t have friends and family call or visit you at work
- Find a balance between work and your personal life. Don’t let your personal life interfere with your work.
Remember: If you decide to leave the job, be professional. Give a proper notice and leave on good terms. Remember you may need this job at some time for a reference. Never leave a job on bad terms.