How to File a Unemployment Insurance Claim
Filing a claim:
There are two ways to file for unemployment insurance (UI claim)
- Call the UI Teleclaim Center at 1-877-626-6800
- Visit Career Opportunities and file your claim in person.
Visit Career Opportunities, 372 North St Hyannis, MA (508) 771-5627 and file your claim in person:
Unemployment Insurance Services Walk-In Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
New claims, Re-open claims and problem resolution English
*Always call first to make sure UI services are available that day!
Eligible Veterans may qualify for priority of service for Federal employment and training funds, provided they meet the eligibility criteria of the program to which they are applying. Covered persons include Veterans and certain spouses of Veterans.
DUA’s guide for individuals filing a claim for unemployment insurance provides information on:
- Claimant’s rights and responsibilities
- Choices you have for collecting your benefits, if you are eligible.
- Retraining opportunities, and
- Services available to help you return to work as quickly as possible.
To remain eligible for UI benefits claimants are required to:
- Continuously search for work
- Maintain records of your search
The Commonwealth offers a health insurance program for residents of Massachusetts who are receiving unemployment insurance benefits. The Medical Security Plan offers two service plans:
- Premium Assistance provides cash assistance towards existing health insurance premiums
- Direct Coverage provides a benefit package for those without an option to continue a health insurance plan.
If you have an unemployment insurance claim, you can click here and:
- Use WebCert to file for your weekly unemployment insurance benefits
- Check the status of your claim and verify the payment amount and the date of the most recent payment
- Initiate or change your federal and state tax withholding deductions
- Print a copy of your Tax Form 1099-G
- Set up, cancel or change Direct Deposit
- Received severance pay? Expedite your claim by providing your severance pay information online
- Submit your EB (Extended Benefit) Work Search Log online
Medical Security Plan: Find out more about this plan.
If your skills are no longer marketable, you may be able to obtain training for another career while receiving unemployment insurance benefits. For more detailed information on these options visit Career Opportunities and ask to speak with the Counselor of the Day.